Saturday, February 23, 2008

Romeo's


Aaron & I found ourselves toddler-free for Valentine's Day and decided to go out to dinner, newborn in tow. We made reservations at Romeo's Euro Cafe, a long-time favorite of ours. This is no chain restaurant and serves delicious Mediterranean/Greek fare, with a menu that reads like a book. Aaron loves the gyros and we both love the many appetizers. My favorite is the pita bread and feta dressing. Good old Romeo (actual owner & cook) makes the BEST feta dip/dressing ever! And I love feta. And thankfully you can take this tangy goodness home in a jar. Which I do every time we go. The only thing better than the feta dip is the pita bread. Which Romeo buys rather than makes. And you can take them home too. These are not the kind of pitas you split open and fill the pocket with stuff. They are the soft pillowy kinds served around gyros and those Taco Bell Chalupas (but better). So everyday since last Thursday I have been enjoying a pita with my feta dip as a pre-lunch snack. I can't imagine how much fat & calories are in them, especially the dip - but do I look like I care? Oh, I forgot to mention the unbelievable pastry counter. Maybe another post. And the baby... slept through the entire dinner under the table.
ss
Previous Delight ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Next Delight

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that stage when you can take them anywhere and usually they'll just sleep. why do they have to grow out of that?