Sunday, February 24, 2008

Glasgow Rose


I love the design from the craftsman era of the early 1900s. I would love to have a little bungalow home of my own - but keep working to give my 1970s ranch the craftsman feel. Someday this will mean a complete exterior overhaul, but luckily I can work on my interior bit by bit. Some influential designers from the period (and other closely related styles) include William Morris, Greene & Greene, Frank Lloyd Wright, Gustav Stickley, Harvey Ellis, and Charles Rennie Mackintosh - whose Glasgow Rose design inspired the above artwork. This is actually a wallpaper frieze by Bradbury & Bradbury, Arts & Crafts Wallpapers. I think it is so beautiful and would love to have just one panel framed and adorning my living room



Previous Delight ssssssssssssssssssssssssss Next Delight

1 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

i usually don't like flower-dy things, but i can definitely see the appeal of this design.

i like the idea of framing just one piece of it on a solid background. that way it wouldn't be too busy or anything. and it would be special, spotlighted.