Sunday, February 17, 2008

Little Black Dress


I know Victoria's Secret has a bad connotation for many people, and I agree that the catalogues are too risque and I wouldn't want my husband or boys poring over them. But lingerie aside, VS also carries a lot of great clothes. I have been buying their clothes for years and been very happy with the results. I only wish they had a brick and mortar store rather than online and catalogue only. VS carries petite and tall, 0-14, shoes & accessories, has great sales and clearance items, and often has free or discounted shipping. Plus the inventory is gargantuan! I found great long shorts before they were in every store. They have some cute modest swimsuits (in addition to all the immodest). I know a lot of their clothes are too short/revealing but often categories are sorted by sleeve length or style, which helps you find appropriate items. I love this little black dress, which has plenty of coverage and cute details. And since I'm short - I think it would be plenty long for me. And that wide belt might have a chance of disguising my post-baby tummy. Maybe. Unfortunately it costs $119, but I'll watch for it to go on clearance.
ss
Previous Delight sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Next Delight

1 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

so, i know some people won't shop at vs to save their lives, as a boycott type thing. and maybe that is commendable. but i hate bras and bra-shopping, and the best bra i've ever found is one at vs. so sue me.

though i did see a commercial today while in the exercise room for new playtex bras with a really wide shoulder strap. i'll have to check those out.